Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 04 Apr 1996 15:14:22 -0800
From:         Glen Buhlmann <gbuhlman@direct.ca>
Subject:      Re: Bile Rack for a Eurovan

Steve Mack wrote: > > I have been looking for a bike rack for the back hatch of a 1993 > Eurovan Weekender. The products I have seen so far either rest on the > glass window which I don't trust or attach somehow off the frame and > block the hatch from opening. I don't want one on top because it is too > high. I recently saw a bike rack on a Eurovan that attached to the top > and bottom of the hatch. The owner said the rack had been purchased fro > the VW dealer in Vancouver BC. The VW dealer in Santa Barbara where I > live had never heard of it. Does anyone have information on VW bike > racks? Send information to Steve Mack, email address sbwater@rain.org. > Thanks

You wouldn't know what dealer would you? I'm also looking for a bike rack for my bus. I was considering mounting the spare tire on the front since I already have a spare tire rack that holds 3 bikes but I would prefer having the bikes in the back.

Are you saying that you can open the hatch with this rack in place? That would be great! Of course I realize this _could_ only be possible when there are no bikes on the rack.

If you have any more info on the one you saw, I can call the local dealers (I think there are about 8 in the lower mainland) and ask questions and maybe get a phone number for the manufacturer or distributer.

-- +------------------------------------------------------------------+ | Glen Buhlmann | I know it all. I just can't remember | | GB Computer Consulting | it all at once. | | Burnaby, BC | | | gbuhlman@direct.ca | | | '77 VW Westfalia | | +--------------------------+---------------------------------------+ | http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/5288/ | +------------------------------------------------------------------+