Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 05 Apr 1996 16:24:47 -0500 (EST)
From:         RGOLEN@umassd.edu
Subject:      Geting wired and lit with the EV

A few weeks ago, I did a little surgery on the rear bumper to mount the rear fog light. Today I decided to play hookey to mount a pair of front fogs and put in the necessary wiring......

Four and one half hours later the EV/MV now has operational front and rear fogs! When I was in Germany two years ago I was quoted $300+ for the factory fogs that mount inside the bumper.....a bit too much $$$$ for me. So I scrounged a pair of Hella 210 fogs from my old rally car. The fogs are just slightly smaller than the headlights on the EV. I managed to mount them in the indentations where the factory fogs are supposed to go. Only one minor problem, I'll have to make a bracket inside the bumper for them as the bumper tends to flex a bit, and the fogs have a slight vibration....

Now I can have fun with those dweebs in their Bimmers and Mustangs who think its so kewl and bitchen' to drive around all the time with their fogs on (ZZZZZZAAAAPPPP...100w of white light!)...and actually be able to see in the rain and fog (the real purpose for fog lights) for our upcomming Massachusetts to Grand Canyon road trip!

Ric