Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 5 Apr 96 23:23 EST
From:         raulb@iglou.com (Raul Barreras)
Subject:      Census concensus

I've been told that Joel Walker is taking care of the census. I do want to point out that the state is included (as per weekly statz), I wouldn't know the location of the township of the listee nor the availability of parts or the request for the same.

In order to make a database that would be beneficial to all, as far as travelling and knowing that there is someone "familiar" in the area, the township would be needed, as well as the e-mail address and perhaps a phone. Of course, the phone is optional at this point in time and basically only needed at the time of travel.

As far as the parts is concerned, I would need who has them and who needs them. Having the area, one can already expect what to pay for all, parts and s/h.

And please, don't flame me for trying to do a service that would benefit all. Mr. Walker is doing a great job which was not required but great for stats and knowledge (various reasons). Obviously, some do feel that what I'm trying to do is to their liking.

I will rephrase the original content to: anyone that wants to be in a list that I will compile for the purposes of knowing your geographical location, e-mail address, parts needed, parts wanted, year and model of vehicle and a probable need for a phone number, just send me e-mail with a subject of "census" (no quotes) with your city, state, country and anything else that you feel I need.

As I compile the information, I will e-mail only to the ones that have sent such messages in order to keep the list clutter free and save bandwidth. Fair enough?

Raul Wilma (1982 Westfalia) Still no name (1956 Microbus)[as per a listee, Larson might be chosen)