Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 6 Apr 1996 11:21:14 -0500 (EST)
From:         Songie <songie@gate.net>
Subject:      Re: Removing very old stickers from glass.How?

On Sat, 6 Apr 1996, David Eccles wrote:

> Help! > We have some really old crappy stickers on our pop out window (pre us ie over > 20 years old). We want to remove but are seeming impossible. They seem to be > some kind of plastic and only the surface comes off mm by mm leaving > gunk/smear. > I am afraid of using a scraper in case of scratching the glass. Anyone got any > ideas? > Of course if they were Grateful Dead stickers that'd be alright! BTW Anyone > got a line on one of these for me...? I'll swap sumfin? Dave

Try a blow dryer! Just aim it at the stickers...heat them up a bit. It makes them easier to remove. You can use a single-edge razor from that point without too much trouble. I found this out by experience. I transferred 30+ stickers from my old vehicle to my 78 bus using this method. (And guess what...they're ALL Grateful Dead stickers!)

Nothing left to do but :) :) :)