Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 08 Apr 1996 20:04:24 -0700
From:         Thom Fitzpatrick <thom@calweb.com>
Subject:      Parts Score - Evaluation

I spent a couple hours going thru all the parts. A lot of it was junk. Tons on pushrod tubes, beat up engine tin, broken Super BEater turnsignal lights, etc.

Cool Stuff:

3 early 60's taillights, with what I belive are glass lenses. 1 elephant ear mirror 1 late-50's-early -60's bug outside mirror. very, very early cast iron 009 distributor 36hp distributor

Now the prize: a siren! One of those electric motor with a vaned flywheel jobs. We hooked it up to my friends car battery and it WAILED! Loads O' Fun! Neighbors were running out of their houses to see what was up! He wants to buy it, I'm not sure I wanna sell it. How much would something like that be worth?

Safety note!!! Do not get your fingers near one of these things while its rotating!!! I was sitting there BS'ing with the boyz and twirling it with my hand ant it caught my finger but good! OW! Nasty cut!

There's a bunch of miscellaneous mechanical stuff, mostly later years. A couple of cranks that were broken clean thru, a lot of type IV and 914 sheet metal bits, and a lot of JUNK.

The other cool score in the mix were 2 radios. One Sapphire I, another Blaupunkt, MW LW with a 5 preset buttons, one marked AUS, 2 with music notes, one with MW and one with LW. And Idea what AUS means? I assume MW and LW to mean medium and long wave.

Thom Fitzpatrick thom@calweb.com - http://www.calweb.com/~thom Keeper of the Barndoor Bus Web Page: http://www.calweb.com/~thom/barndoor.html