Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 10 Apr 1996 07:43:44 -0400
From:         Ransom999@aol.com
Subject:      FS: 1985 Westfalia Weekender

I just bought a '90 Westy with a full camping interior, so I am selling my '85 weekender.

1985 Vanagon Westfalia Weekender (no sink or stove), automatic transmission Color: Bronze/Brown Miles: 174,000 Price: $1,500 Location: Philadelphia, PA Contact: Kevin Corcoran Phone:(610) 604-4989 Email: ransom999@aol.com

Details:

Mechanical: The van is in fairly good mechanical shape, although it does start hard on wet mornings. Also, it runs hot in stop-and-go city traffic. (It runs normal temperature on the highway and in light traffic. I believe this is a bad coolant temp sensor, but I have haven't gotten around to replacing it.) I recently had new front shocks put on.

Body: The van has a dent above the right rear tail light. This dent is not very large, but in kind of an awkward place at the van corner. The rear bumper is also bent out of shape. Surface rust at the dent. The rest of the body is pretty rust free. A little oxidation in that crease under the driver's side door, and a small surface spot near the driver's side rear jack port.

Camping Interior: The pop-top and canvas are in good shape. Downstairs, this particular layout has the rear bed and a rear cabinet with shelves that can be removed so it can be used as a clothes closet. There is no sink/stove cabinet. Instead the rear bench extends all the way across and there is a backward-facing seat behind the driver's seat. There is also a flip-up table. Once upon a time, there was a removable, cooler-sized fridge behind the passenger seat but this was (predictably) permanently removed by previous owners.

General Interior: The front seat upholstery is somewhat ragged, but the seat frame and cusioning are in good shape. Right now I have on seat covers of the cheesy K-mart variety, but it looks better than the ragged seats.

Stereo: Heidelberg IV stereo/tape deck in good condition.