Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 10 Apr 96 12:51:35 EDT
From:         Sean Bartnik <sbart7kb@www.mwc.edu>
Subject:      '78 news

Hey all, I haven't really had anything eventful going on with my '78 recently, it's been doing really well.

Just been up to some minor things:

The panel that goes on the rear hatch was all warped and bent. Yesterday I found out why. There's a water leak in the rear hatch window seal and there was a huge puddle under the carpet on the rear cargo floor. Bought some silicone sealant and sealed that puppy up today and ordered a new hatch panel from RMMW (I got their new catalog yesterday -- nice!). Not gonna put the new panel on tho until I make sure that I fixed the leak.

Also ordered the right front step pad that's just inside the front door. Mine was missing.

Also ordered the very cool Invest in Precious Metals mug that they have, with the picture of the split window bus on it.

Also ordered the gas cap that's supposed to go with my vehicle. the original was stolen so the PO put one of those generic locking gas caps on it but I'm always afraid of it breaking or me losing the keys. I will be pissed tho if someone steals my new one.

Still have my chrome VW emblem, hasn't been pilfered yet. I'll be going to a concert in D.C. soon so I hope it won't get swiped then. :(

I'm still waiting on my parts from WCM, an oil pressure switch to replace my leaking one and the seat belt hanger hooks. They were out of stock of the seat belt hangers when I ordered so they said they would ship the order complete when they got them in. Hopefully it will come before I get out of school or else I'll have to wait for the post office to forward it, I imagine.

I recently repaired another windshield washer system leak. One of the hose tees that runs from the pressurized side to the squirter had a hose crack around it, so I cut off the dry cracked part of the hose. When I looked inside the hose, the inside diameter was so small that it was not going to fit around the rather large tee, so I got out one of my spare small plastic hose connectors and put the hose on one end and the other end into the tee. I didn't know if that would work too well, a hose connector inside another hose connector, but it's not leaking any more and hasn't fallen out. Yay!

That's about all that's been going on with my bus recently. The coat hanger heater fix has stayed on the car, so I can also count that as a success and now the bus warms up a lot quicker. There's less defroster air, but it's still sufficient to clear the windshield quickly (for a VW).

Sean