Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 10 Apr 1996 22:02:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:         sallad <sallad@nando.net>
Subject:      Re: Good Parents!

While we are at it, I wanna include my parents in with the other good parents. After listening to me complain about wanting a bus since I was 12, they finally agreed to get me one for my 17th birthday. I had just moved to a new state(Raleigh, NC) a month before, and I think they also felt sorta bad for making me have to leave all my friends and school and stuff, but anyways...I searched the want ads everyday and called on all the early buses. Finally, one day, my friend was giving me a ride home from school and we passed a bus that was for sale that was in great condition...I got my parents to take me to look at it and they agreed that it was in good condition. The next week when my friend and I drove past the spot where it was parked (I had told them about it all day), it was gone. After them laughing at me, and having my parents calling the guy, they told me it was sold to another person. I was sad, but kept my interest in busses. The weekend of my bday, I picked up a copy of VW Trends at the supermarket, and my brother sat and insulted me telling me I have to get a new hobby, that mom and dad will never let me get a bus, cause of the dangernousness...I went to bed, sad and depressed that my dream, to have a bus, would never come true. The next morning I woke up and there were 4 presents on the table...I was told to open the largest one first, it was a restoration book, nothing unusual cause I read them anyways. Next was a parts catalogue, which I thought was kinda neat, ibut still no idea to what this was leading to, the next one, being a manual that comes with the bus, should have given it away, but I didn't think about it. Finally, the last box, had a set of keys, I turned to my parents and said "I don't understand"...they told me to go look in the driveway, and there was my bus, the one that had been bought, it was bought by my parents...not only that, but tommorrow, my dad and I are going to pick up my second bus...I found a 70 Kombi in the paper that we were able to get down to $250, it runs, isn't in that bad of condition, and can be used as a parts bus...not a bad deal, best of all, they are going to let me store this in the garage instead of my dad's '95 Explorer...Gee, what great parents<g>. I just wanted them to get some credit as well. Dallas

- =========== - /_| |_||_|:| - 0| SALLAD | - `-()----()-' sky blue with clouds!