Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 10 Apr 1996 21:57:17 -0700
From:         Jon Peters <synkro@best.com>
Subject:      RE: California Syncro Off-Road Trip at Red Rock Canyon

Hi All You Synkronuts,

'Figured I could get away with that entrance based on my transportation = choice...... I really appreciate the invite to Red Rocks (have heard = lotsa good things about it/want to "participileate" someday) and want to = stay in touch with the hopes of getting a Synkro Tribal gathering = together somewhere in the greater Bay Area (I've been thinking about = this for a long time). =20

Unfortunately, my house, my body, and my SplitWindow Beetle are promised = for that weekend to represent the VVWCA in a local "shindig" = (boy-oh-boy, haven't heard that term since "Groovy" was the in thing to = say) soooooo..... Let's talk somemore about getting something together = a bit later on. What do you think about the Syncro Tribal gathering = idea (even if it isn't a camping weekend)? TIA for your input!!

Jon Peters

P.S. I'll have the Syncro Westie all "decked-out" with Split/Trailer in = tow at the VVWCA Spring Meet this coming Sunday at Kelly Park in San = Jose. Great show for VW folks of all types; hope to see you there!

---------- >From: SyncroHead@aol.com[SMTP:SyncroHead@aol.com] Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 1996 10:43 AM

Jon Peters & Craig Wiesner,

My original Email addresses for you two did not work, so here's a copy = of a message I sent to others yesterday:

Syncronauts,

I'm planning on doing a Syncro off-road trip as an adjunct to the next California Camping trip scheduled for Red Rock Canyon the weekend of = April 27th. Red Rock Canyon State Park is located about 25 miles north of = Mojave California and is a desert campground. The southernmost stretches of = the Sierra Nevada mountains are just a short trip away. =20

I don't know exactly what the California Camping Crazies are planning, = but I'll be bringing the kids (8 & 5 yrs old) and planning a family style = weekend of fun and Syncro outing or two. =20

I have a couple of friends that may go and bring their Jeeps. I know = the Jeeps don't fit in too well with typical VW buses, but they'll mesh = nicely with the Syncros on the trail.

Let me know if you're interested. =20

I know that some of you are on the Vanagon mailing list and will be = getting 2 copies of theis message. My appologies.

Jim Davis 87 GL Syncro 88 GL Wolfsburg