Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 11 Apr 1996 11:49:00 -0400
From:         Claralw@aol.com
Subject:      Re: replacing brake lines

How do I drain the brake lines? One wheel at a time through bleeder valves?

Then how do I refill and bleed the air out of the system? ---------

Is it metal or rubber line that needs replacing? What I've generally done is just open the system up where it needs to be, with rag and/or bucket handy to catch drips. After whatever has been fixed it needs to be bled. I found a good way to do that, with a bit of old fuel line stuck on the bleeder valve, as i can aim it into a container, rather than it dribbleing everywhere. Flushing the system is done by pumpping all the old fluid through. with one person pumping the pedal till the reservoir is almost empty, and the other catching it, fill up the reservoir when its v low, and bleed till it comes out clean, and no bubbles. bleed all wheels, to get fresh fluid all through the system.

:)