Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 12 Apr 1996 09:34:04 +0000
From:         "Charles F. Webb" <cwebb@teleplex.net>
Subject:      cooling tin, thermastat

I don't know why I waited untill Friday to post but here it goes. I'm still looking for cooling tin for my '81 Westy, California model. The dealer says the part is OBSOLETE! Since I'm stuck on the east coast with my motor in the garage I thought I'd ask the West coast members for some help. If you know of a junkyard that might have the tin that goes over the Cat. Conv please send me the phone #. Also if there is anyone with a '81 or '82 California Vanagon I would love to know exactly how this piece is attached. I can see the hole in the block but there is not one in the heat exchanger. If I can't find a used one maybe I could fabricate a replacement from sheet metal. Pleaseee HELP! My other question is how important is the thermostat if you are in moderate tempatures? Mine is completly gone. Thanks BTW I've got 2 brown Vanagon Seats if anyone is interested. Charles F. Webb http://www.teleplex.net/cwebb Freedom Weekend Aloft- Memorial Day Weekend http://www.teleplex.net/fwa 81' Westy *Gabby* 864-439-1847 Duncan, SC