Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         12 Apr 96 11:50:54 EDT
From:         J  Greenberg  G Jannini <73321.3047@CompuServe.COM>
Subject:      More Fire Ext. Follies / f

On 4/11/96 Megan E. Sheppard wrote:

<< So I'm driving along, minding my own business, when a sudden blast of white powder covers the passenger-side door >>

Well volks, I had been working inside the van and inadvertantly left the fire extinguisher lying on the platform behind the passenger seat instead of in its bracket. Leaving home on a short errand, all was fine until I approached Genitalia Hill, an extremely short steep grade named for the squishy feeling one can induce when descending it at an insane rate of speed.

Lurching up the grade from the stop sign at the bottom launched the normally inert red bullet into the rear where, having lost its pin somehow, it briefly discharged against the right corner of the bench seat and carpet. Just as this sequence of events ended, my lovely wife JoAnn panicked, released her seatbelt and attempted to walk into the rear at which point the van once again lurched, propelling her bodily into the rear of the van and kicking me in the jaw in the process.

The numb jaw was worth it IMO because somehow my faux pas was overlooked, yet I managed to gain a full week of spousal humiliation rights. <G>

George