Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 01 Apr 1996 06:41:02 -0600
From:         Richard Kurtz <rmk@sky.net>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon Paint questions

JonahGold@aol.com wrote: > > hi y'all, > Couple of questions about vanagon paint jobs (on an 87 westy). > > 1. were stock poptops ever painted to match body color? I saw one like this > (in red), but thought they were always white (w/black trim). Is this the sign > of a 2nd paint job, or did some have custom choice to match paint body and > pop? > > 2. How much would it cost to get a reasonably good job (for both?) > > thanks for any help here... and if anyone happens to have > done the job themselves, or knows a great resource for such, > would love to know. :) > > --Jonah > '87 syncro westy > '85 GTiJonah,

The archives contain the answer to your first question. According to the information for Model-Years-1980-1991, this started in 1987. I can't estimate the cost for the second. I'm sure others on the list have had this done, or done it , and can address it.

Richard Kurtz Curator of the Bob Hoover Sermon Web Pages http://www.sky.net/~rmk/hoover/ rmk@sky.net