Date:         Mon, 13 May 1996 23:28:56 -0700
From:         mbates@s3.sonnet.com (Marlin Bates, IV)
Subject:      Electrical Thanks

Thanks for all those that helped me on my '69 Westy Electrical question. I had indeed connected the wires to the left light backwards. The key being that they are the reverse of the right side and not identical (this is because the light bulb is 180 degrees different from the left) BTW, it is impossible to install the light upside down so the wires are the only cause if you ever do that!

Now.....

1. There is a high-pitched whine coming from the engine compasrtment when I turn the key to the 'On" position. Any reasons? (no engine back there remember)

2. The tail lights are constantly on as soon as I turn the key to on. Any reasons. The light switch is off.

3. My steering column has something wrong. The little plastic thing at the bottom broke and I have no idea how to replace it. Any ideas? The result is that there is now a large gap between the steering wheel and the turn signal switch. Thanks

4. Where is a good place to get the 12 point tool for removing CV joints with the dreaded connections? Thanks

-Marlin Who, though my questions, is helping everyone compile their own resto book! '69 Westy '68 Bus - Parts

---*** Volkswagen & Atari - It is my life. ---*** Marlin Bates 1968 VW Bus & 1969 VW Westfalia Bus ---*** 2600: 425 / 7800: 56 / XL/XE: 183 / Lynx: 74 / Jaguar: 31 --*-*-* Please check out my web page: -*--*--* http://www.stocko.sonnet.com/Fujidom/