Date:         Wed, 15 May 1996 01:19:54 -0400
From:         SonicBryce@aol.com
Subject:      Automatic Choke ?(added info)

As a recap. I own a 76 bus, and the automatic choke is definitely not working properly. When the engine is off the coil in side the the auto/choke should be tight so that the flap is closed. However, it is not. In fact it kinda sits in the middle, not fully open and not fully closed. When you start the engine it snaps tight for about a second and then resumes its middle position. What seems stanger still is that when I manually move the coil to increase the RPM's when warming up, I have to push it in the direction of uncoiling the coil. Or opening the flap as it is supposed to work. My Dad suggested that perhaps the coil and flap are somehow reversed, thus uncoiling it actually shuts the flap. Either way, the coil really does not move in any direction on its own. Is there any way to fix this? And is it something that I can tackle myself?

Thanks in advance for any information on this. Bryce