Date:         Wed, 1 May 1996 23:20:21 -0700
From:         tomstory@slip.net (Thomas Story)
Subject:      Engine Rebuild Grief...Update

Well, I have to admit I finally had to break down and bring the Bus into a shop. It was the shop that diagnosed the dropped seat in the first place and the guy actually came across as being a fairly honest person so what the hell...

Well, it turns out that the DPO had fitted the wrong condensor, the timing marks were screwed up on the pulley so I had it timed wrong, the points were pretty badly pitted (anyone convert to elec.ignition?), and the vacuum leak was from one of the intake boots. He fixed all of it, it runs great now! Good power, still in the process of letting the rings seat, but it feels pretty good.

I have mixed feelings about bringing it in. Since this was my first engine rebuild (Ok, upper end), I thought it was not a bad idea to have my work checked. I now have more confidence in myself since nothing MAJORLY wrong was found. So all in all, it was a good experience and one I could NOT have done without the help of this list. Thank you very much to everyone who gave advice, I hope I am now in a closer position to eventually be able to give advice to other people. Now it's brake job time! Tom

"Who are You?" "I'm fine thanks, who are you?" "I'm fine too, but you no get in without the password"