Date:         Wed, 15 May 1996 16:29:11 -0700
From:         tomstory@slip.net (Thomas Story)
Subject:      77 Trailer Hitch Question

I need to hook up a trailer hitch to my 77 Westy, as I am heading back east from California in a couple weeks to go get my brother who is moving out here. He's going to rent a small trailer, mainly to put stuff like his stereo, TV, clothes etc...No heavy furniture or things like that.

I've been trying to locate a hitch and most places say it's a custom job. U-Haul says their supplier will build a custom hitch for my Bus at 149.95 (200lb tongue, 2500 towing), 40.00 to install, and 16.95 for thw wiring. Is this reasonable? I've seen a few things in JC Whitney, but they seem pretty cheap, and we are towing over 3000miles so safety is definitely an issue. So if anyone has advice as to what my options are I appreciate it. The engine is newly rebuilt and pulls strong, but what are some things I need to be aware of when towing? I'm hooking up an oil temp gauge also, to be on the safe side. Thanks! Tom

"Who are You?" "I'm fine thanks, who are you?" "I'm fine too, but you no get in without the password"