Date:         Thu, 16 May 1996 15:31:40 -0400
From:         SCurtis269@aol.com
Subject:      Thanks for Advise

Martin,

thanks for the advise.

I ended up going to Vincent VW/Buick.

I argued with the service manager and the mechanic, oops, I mean service technician, and they stood firm on their 5 hour labor estimate. They made it sound like I was insulting their intelligence, I was, by questioning the estimate. Their suggestion was that I do the job myself. Should have !!

Since the van was at Vicents and damn near out of coolant and an unhappy boss man in New Jersey, I opted to have them do it.

In the end the service manager said he was going to cut me a break and charge me $45/hr instead of their usual $64/hr. Yes, I repeat, $64/hr. I think I will call VWofA just to let them know what wonderful dealerships they have. Probably won't do me any good but what the hell.

5 hours labor @ $45/hr ...............$225 Parts(hose,coolant,oil & filter)......$ 90 Total..........................................$338

I guess this the proverbial HOSE JOB!!

BTW It did snow in Rochester on Sat. nite. Up to 4" near Syracuse!!

Boy do I miss California.

Scott Curtis SCURTIS269@aol.com Process Engineer, Tenneco Packaging 90 Westfalia 85 BMW 325E 85 Volvo 240 SW