Date:         Thu, 16 May 1996 21:29:42 -0400
From:         BusBoys@aol.com
Subject:      Re: [A] 2.0L pushrod tube seals

Hi Tobin -

Can't say myself which color goes where and stuff, but the seals are different sized for the head and engine case. (oops - dunno which is which here as I sit at home, I'm not at the shop). Anywhooo, I'm not a fan of OE made seals as they just don't seem to last very long, especially in hot Redding (or formerly So Cal) summers. I've been privately making VITON Seals that are far superior to factory ones since the early 80s that I sell by the thousands to the major FLAPS suppliers (WAWD, IMC, NAPA, Beck/Arnley, etc.) under the "Old Volks Home" banner and retail/minor wholesale through Bus Boys. Set of 16 Seals is $16.00 (Our PN 021-198-345AV). Fits all Type 4 Based Engines. I've had a set on my current 80 Wanagon for about 2 years and 35K since the last major engine work.

My .005 cents worth :)

Jim / BusBoys@aol.com