Date:         Fri, 17 May 1996 05:43:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:         David Raistrick <xi8940@freenet.tlh.fl.us>
Subject:      The Birth of a '75 Garage Bus

do appreicate the info...

Well, i now have a !75! Westy, sitting my yard. Orange. Origionally purchased in Canada, now residing in Georgia. I presume it is FI, but, no injector body. From the bottom about 6 inches up the sides it is fiberglased over. Evil. Poor baby, so much cancer, so little time. looked in the front left wheel well, at the sorta sticking up sorta thing, w/ a ball joint on end, and is bolted to chassis (donno what else to call it..) and it has a (sniffle) rust hole in it. clean through. ack. rust all over! oh well, i guess i'll just redo it MY way, versus the more expensive resto i had in mind..:) Didnt have any trouble towing it home, except that the dolly refused to pivot properly, and instead the buses whells turned..ack..oh well..only problem i now have is how in the world to get it in the garage!! <which is slightly UP hill..) maybe i can find a blockand tackel to hook to back side of garage.. i would prefer not to have to puss it with the jeep, since the bumpers dont quite line up.. oh, while rummaging through the PPO's leftovers, i ran accross a silver metal box..with BOSCH on the side, and 'puter equipment in it. it was laying on top of the AC/DC switch. i presume it was the FI computer. there is, under the bed, more silver metal, that it appears this would slide into. havent tried yet. How much trouble would it be to convert this to Carb, vs FI? mainly 'csue i know of no source for FI parts not affordable anyway..would i have to change out the fuel pump(s? seems to bee two lines running to bottom of engine, merging into one at top...) would any thing else be affected? i plan to start the swap SOON..during the process of writing this message <which due to server crash took 6 hrs> i got the electrical system awake..

enigne turns over, sounds like good compresssion..so, once the fuel system is fixed, it may run.,..hmm! <will change oil first, prolly in tranny to, if i have time...btw, the 'frige. its a 12vlt model, according to sticker on side...what does it take to turn it one? any idea?

anyway, thanks for the help...

!......................... The not so Keen one xi8940@freenet.fsu.edu .........................! \\ // http://www.armory.com/~y21cvb ^\\ \XX/ //^ '68 Beetle !No VW Links, YET! \\//\\// '74 Super \/ \/ ?Possibly a '73 or '74 Westy?

y21cvb@armory.com xi8940@freenet.fsu.edu lorn@armory.com jg8bt@cyberspace.org chantry-raistrick@csra.net 76004.3235@compuserve.com