Date:         Fri, 17 May 1996 11:26:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:         "H. Steven Dolan" <dworkin@mtolympus.ari.net>
Subject:      Bugout Camping at Bull Run.

I called the Bull Run Park, Burke Lake Park, and Prince William National Forest in search of camp sites. I prefer Bull Run, but here is a precis of each site:

Bull Run:

Location: This park is on the order of 10 miles from the Bugout. The woman who answered the phone at the park said it would likely be 30-40 minutes to the Bugout (real bad traffic). On the other hand, I know some back roads that may halve that time. Also this is a beautiful location. Facilities: Electric, showers, toilets. Price: $14.50/night Reservations: Yes! but they are low on space. We would need to call today. I talked to Pam there and if you mention "vanagon" she will do her best to block us. You will need a CC and the first night is not refundable.

Burke lake park

Location: Same distance as Bull Run in another direction. Same trafic problems. Same back roads. Not as beautiful as Bull Run, but not bad Facilities:bath houses, water at each site but no electric. Price: $12.00/night up to 4 people, $2.00 per additional person to max of 7. Resertvations: First come, first served.

Prince William NF

Location: ~15 miles south of Manassas, way back in the woods. Facilities: Tent pads, water toilets, fire ring, and picnick table. Price $7.00/night Reservatiions: First come, first served

I have never camped in any of these (too close to home) but any of these parks are beautiful and traffic in NOVA is always bad anywhere you go. I recommend Bull Run. The park is very nice and probably as close as we can get, tho I have never seen the camping area. If you agree, signify your assent by notifying the list and calling Pam at the park to reserve. The phone # there is (703) 631-0550.

H Steven Dolan Alexandria, VA