Date:         Fri, 17 May 1996 15:48:57 -0400
From:         Tim McDermott <mcdermot@li.net>
Subject:      Re: Bugout Camping at Bull Run.

At 10:30 AM 5/17/96 -0500, you wrote: >I called the Bull Run Park, Burke Lake Park, and Prince William >National Forest in search of camp sites. I prefer Bull Run, but here is a >precis of each site: > >Bull Run: > >Location: >This park is on the order of 10 miles from the Bugout. The woman who >answered the phone at the park said it would likely be 30-40 minutes to >the Bugout (real bad traffic). On the other hand, I know some >back roads that may halve that time. Also this is a beautiful location. >Facilities: >Electric, showers, toilets. >Price: >$14.50/night >Reservations: Yes! but they are low on space. We would need to call >today. I talked to Pam there and if you mention "vanagon" she will do her >best to block us. You will need a CC and the first night is not >refundable. > > Bull Run Park is the best place around there to camp. I have stayed there for the last 7 years. I will be there again this year . On of the reasons that the campground is usually full is because that weekend is the "Run to the Wall" and the place is full of bikers. They have been coming to the campground for the last 3 years. Areally nice bunch of people. I will be there , "East Coast Joe" Gunyan will be there , and usually Dennis Haynes shows up late on Saturday. If anyone is thinking of staying at Bull Run or just visiting stop by at site 88. Tim Mcdermott Systems Analyst ISO Inc. NY