Date:         Mon, 20 May 1996 08:36:23 -0400
From:         Tom Forhan <tforhan@usa.pipeline.com>
Subject:      RE: Portable Sunshower-III with Enclosure

I lived on a small sailboat for several years and used these things every day -they are great. These days we use one with the Syncro Westie, leaving the unit up in the luggage area while it warms up.

The come in three sizes, one say about 1.5 gallons, one say 3 gallons, and a jumbo that is maybe 5 gallons. We have the intermediate model, and it is good for two showers, though you can't just let the spigot run free, you have to exercise serious water managment.

They do get hot, in fact, in some climes, too hot if you let them sit in the sun all day. If its cloudy, or you are impatient, or its just kinda cool out, the plastic bag is pretty rugged and you can heat some water in your teakettle and pour some into the bag for a heat boost. Other people with the largest size bags told me they take a long time to reach temperature, which makes sense with the increased mass.

The $19 price tag is about right for the large unit, but if you shop around you can get the medium one for about $13.

Privacy curtain? What, are you ashamed ;-)? Most of the time we are someplace where it did not matter, or we didn't care :-0 ! In close and public quarters, you can wear bathing suits, and reach inside to do what needs to be done. Never felt the need for a curtain. If you do, at $19- check the price of a shower curtain liner at Wal-Mart?

Stay clean!

Tom F.