Date:         Mon, 20 May 1996 10:24:18 -0500
From:         walshp@h1l6xa.nawc-ad-indy.navy.mil (Pat Walsh)
Subject:      Re: Squeaky Clutch Pedal

dlawson@islandnet.com (David Lawson) writes: >After putting it off for a couple of months I decided to eliminate the >annoying squeak I was getting every time I pushed down the clutch pedal. >So, as normal, I first checked with the Bentley manual to become familar >with the mechanism and found that the repair would be a piece of cake. Uuh, >maybe not. What Bentley doesn't explain is how to get at the mechanism. It >would appear that the instrument panel would have to be remove, which I have >done, however that then presents the problem of having to remove the brake >fluid reservoir. Is this in fact the next step, and if so can I assume that >the brake lines will have to be bled when the reservoir is bolted back in. > >Thanks to any anyone who can help. > What year bus? I'm pretty sure I don't need to remove the instrument panel on my '71 to get to MY clutch pedal. :-)

Pat Walsh, '71 Westy, walshp@camry.nawc-ad-indy.navy.mil