Date:         Thu, 02 May 96 08:27:00 PDT
From:         Bill Ernest <bille@msmail2.precisionint.com>
Subject:      Another 2.0 L Rebuilt Question

Greetings All,

I finished rebuilding my engine about two weeks ago and have been having trouble getting it to run well or run at all at times. I have replaced the battery and coil but still get a very weak spark at the plugs. Last night I messed around with the distributor a bit, because I know that my timing is off a little. I had a friend turning over the engine from time to time while a picked around in the engine.

Basically the engine turns over fine and there is gas in the injectors, you can smell it after a few trys. But it seems as though it will not get any spark, and if it does and begins to run, it stalls after about 5-6 seconds. So I was working on it last night and in the middle of a start up attempt the hose from the deceleration valve to the T-connection into the intake air distributor (above the cold start valve) blew off the T-junction with a *LOUD* pop and a small amount of smoke began to waft out of the T-connection. I decided to stop at this point and defer my better judgment to the list. Anybody know what is going on here? I think that maybe the vacuum advance setup for the distributor is messed up and that is causing the poor firing and pressure build up.?.

Any input would be appreciated, I have missed three weekends in a row in the Westy and I am beginning to get perturbed!

Thanks, Bill Ernest

bill.ernest@precisionint.com