Date:         Wed, 22 May 1996 08:04:56 -0700
From:         busgirl@netcom.com (Martha)
Subject:      CCC's 6/14 trip

Time for and update! Here's who is signed up to come, and, following their names, what food they've signed up to bring:

Jack Stafford Bradley Prunehead Ann Prunehead (sis) Coyote Ron Lussier Jeff Schneiter Martha Rubin Bren Smith & family Al Hubbard Danny Dayton Joe/Laura/Joshua Chanin Kautz Family Steve Johnson - garlic bread Scott Harvey/Alice Ovanesian Kathy Myers & Mark Blanchard - 1.pizza, 2. dessert Bill Moseley Michael/Diane/Flynn Wagner - lasagne Al Knoll - green pasta dish, casear salad Ron Batterson Scott/Joby Spectre

---

Thanks to the many of you who responded to the poll about where you'd most like to see this thing held. As one might expect, all of you wanted to have it as close to home as possible. ;) So, since we are scattered north and south in the state, I still suggest we go to the camp-spot in the Sequoia forest we discussed earlier, the same place many of us discovered on our last trip.

As this place is in national forest, and kind of wilderness-like, I have to ask the people who were there to help me reconstruct directions on how to get there, but here's something to get you generally oriented:

About 23 miles north-east of California Hot Springs, and 1 mile below Lower Peppermint. This is all in the general vicinity of being north-east of Lake Isabella, which is east of Bakersfield. For those of you coming from the east, I understand that Sherman Pass IS expected to be open come Memorial Day, but you may want to phone first to check.

I'll try to finalize the directions and get them to you during the week before we depart. For those of you who were already at this space, it would be VERY helpful to me if you'd send me your version of how to get there. Maybe once that's straightened out, we can put up some ballons and signs to help people locate the spot. Even once there, one has to leave the highway, and offroad a bit to get down to the river.

Remember to sign up for the potluck!

Thanks,

/martha