Date:         Thu, 23 May 1996 08:08:36 -0700
From:         mike@arnold.ca (Mike)
Subject:      Problems with my 83' Westie

Ack! So last night I decided to take 'The Mystery Machine" (it got named on the weekend after my girlfreind bought me a Scooby-Doo coloring book) out for a little ride, just around my neighbourhood, cause I just cannot wait till Friday when it gets insured. I'm supposed to be leaving Friday afternoon with a freind to go do some hiking up in Jasper, but all of a sudden I have one or two problems. Hopefully I can get them remedied by tommorow night but.......

Problem #1) So, the first thing that happened was I went to rlease the emergency break, pushed in the little end button and as soon as I did I felt a great release of tension. Probabaly more than there should have been. Sure enough, when I went to pull up the break again, there was no tension at all, which I assume means that the cable broke? or else it needs some MAJOR retightening? Is this right, and if so HOW DO I FIX IT? what parts will I need?

Problem #2) I hadnt driven it in about a week and a half, but it started fine, although the battery seemed like it needed a little charging. SO i drove it around for about half an hour or so , and then went I got home I turned it off, then forgot that I had to park on the street, and went to restart it. Well it almost didnt start up, it sounded like the battery was damn near dead. Suggestions?

And in a related incidednt, I was cleaning it all up on the weekend, and flippedd the battery check light near the stove. It was red......so I started up the van and soon enough it was back on Green, but the next timne I went out to check it again, it had gone back to red. Is this just how that battery light thing works, or is my battery having major trouble holding any sort of charge? Could I just take it down to Crappy Tire and get them to charge it back up or what?

longhairedandoftenmistakenforahippieeventhoughI'mnot. (dechipher that one!)

thanks for the help in advance. (cause Im really hopeing someone can help me on this)

VWVWVWVVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVVWVWVWVWVWVWVVWVWVWVWVWVW Mike Wynn Multimedia Production Artist for Arnold Publishing and Multimedia Edmonton, AB, Canada (eh!) '83 Westfalia VWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWVWV