Date:         Thu, 23 May 1996 13:27:11 MST
From:         "Mike White" <MIKE.WHITE@law.utah.edu>
Subject:      A quick question for Ghia heads.

Sorry to waste the bandwitdh here, but since this does apply to Volkswagens (even if they are of another flavor):

The neighbor next door wants to sell me his Ghia. He's the original owner, and it's a '68. His son's done a touch of damage to the front corner, but other than that there is no rust or dents. It is missing the side moldings. A good buff job and the thing would be sharp as a tack. Apparently it has a newly rebuilt 1600 in it. Overall I'd say its in GOOD condition, like a 6 or 7 out of 10.

He is telling me to find out what they are going for and make an offer. I asked what he'd take, but he wouldn't say... wanted me to find a fair value.

Anyone? Now don't tell me it's worth as much as I'm willing to pay, because I know that. <Grin> I'm wondering if anyone's seen some real selling prices?

I really want to spend about $600-700, but if they are averaging less than that, or way more, I'd like to know... I do plan to explain my lower offer because in a '67 or older I woudn't have to deal with emmissions, and since this one is a '68...

Please respond privately! Thanks!

- Mike White

[Mail: mike.white@law.utah.edu - mwhite@eng.utah.edu] Visit my '57 23-Window VW BUS at: [http://cloud8.law.utah.edu/]