Date:         Thu, 23 May 1996 07:27:24 -0500
From:         jgladu@bcm.tmc.edu
Subject:      breather hose:-)|:-(

Got my parts today. Tranny boot, lock-washers, air-filter, and breather hose. All correct parts. That's the good news. The bad news is that my $26 length of breather hose was only one meter long, not the five meters that the 'fiche said I was getting. The invoice says "1 length" ("Non-determinism means never having to say you're wrong").

The parts manager says that one meter is what I get - not five. I may never know if this is true or they have a wonderful pyramid scheme running on 'order five::sell one' then sell each of the other four for the price of five meters. A nice scheme.

This does not leave me with the vast surplus that I'd imagined. I'll have to check to see how many more 180mm lengths I can get out of what's left before I can decide to sell some (I had two orders so far). I'll let you know.

bcnu - Grungy (Houston, TX) jgladu@bcm.tmc.edu '60 dddPanel walk-thru (The Bozobus)-----melting 1600dp--------------- '89 Vanagon GL----------------------------brakes squish, runs rough---- '90 Vanagon GL----------------------------mostly better now------------ '68 & '69 Bugs--(Frunobulax & Bertha)-----on vacation (engineless)-----