Date:         Fri, 24 May 1996 09:02:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:         "Steven Johnson" <sjohnson@pcocd2.intel.com>
Subject:      Re: about "Under the Bus"

So Harvey Chao says: > Ice! Crushed Ice! many uses - cooling drinks, keeping food cold in an ice

Another good thing for you folks that are overheating in your cabs with no AC is to carry along a medium sized spray bottle. When you're hot, just give yourself a few sprays and enjoy the wonderful effects of evaporative cooling. That's what your sweat was doing in the first place but for some reason, the spray bottled water is much more effective. For those of you in the humid regions of the world...well, I know I would have AC. I just can't stand humidity. :[

> back and check the rag. In my experiences, a crack at the bottom of the > filler tube will result in an oil soaked rag. The rag, absorbing the oil, > will keep the rest of the engine and tin clean if there is no other source of > a leak. The solution is to blow $35 and order a new tube and "O" ring from > the dealer. You will re-use the cap and dipstick. The bolts that attach the > tube to the elbow are metric cap screws - ab out 6 or 7 mm.

Nice article Harvey!

Even though I don't drive a diesel (and never would) I can appreciate the preventive maintenance aspect and not-too anal-retentive nature of trying to keep ones engine compartment from looking like a grease fire just waiting to happen. :) Clean engine compartments are much easier to deal with than greasy ones and you can locate problems much quicker. But the best thing about keeping an engine compartment clean is that while you're wiping things down, especially during detailing section, is that you catch any flaws or potential problems as you go along. I take great pleasure in wiping down the engine compartment. It's really therapeutic and informative. Remember, you don't have to do it all in one day. Just start a little at a time and eventually, the whole engine will look spotless!

Happy Cleaning!

Steven Sacramento, CA sjohnson@pcocd2.intel.com