Date:         Mon, 27 May 1996 22:02:46 -0400
From:         Gcarlen@aol.com
Subject:      Re: Questions again.. :(

In a message dated 96-05-24 10:14:02 EDT, 73321.3047@compuserve.com (J Greenberg G Jannini) writes:

> So Mike says: > >I was just wondering if any of you veteran van campers could give me an >idea of how best to pack your van. Any tips that you could give at all on >things like: > where best to store certain items > how to keep things from banging around while your driving > extra things that just us Westie camper people should maybe bring, or > that would be helpful.....>>

I keep my van ready to travel all the time. It makes it easier to get ready for a trip. In the rear closet I keep my 'tool shop'. Extra parts to fix most general break downs. (plugs, wires, rotor & dist cap, fuel filt, oil filt & oil, tools, misc hoses, etc...) Under the rear seat is my storage area. I keep the bugs screen, wrap around front curtain, tow strap, power cord, hose, reflector triangles, jack, jumper cables, etc...) Behind the drivers seat is mounted the fire extenquisher. I keep cooking utensils, pots, a light toilet kit, etc...in one of the two flat 'top accessed' drawers next to the stove. In one of them, I keep a rubbermaid container of 'travel spices' (a 6 spice shaker from REI), tea bags, sugar packets, creamer packets and coffee filters. I keep the stovetop coffee pot in the bottom of the closet along with the 12v lantern and a couple of sleeping bags. Utensils and napkins stay in the drawrer under the sink along with one of those 12 inch long BBQ lighters for the stove. Sponges, dish soap, etc also reside there. Cleaning supplies like car wax, aCahmois, Armor All, etc...live in the little cabinet under next to the electrical outlet. A couple of pillows and a set of sheets are up in the rear of the pop top.

There have been weekends when my wife gave me a call from the office and I went straight from work and picked her up and out of town we went. A packed van and an ATM card...the world is ours!

-Gregg 85 Westy, 76 Goldwing, 51 Plymouth, 75 Mercedes...need more toys!