Date:         Wed, 29 May 1996 09:44:33 -0700
From:         mike@arnold.ca (Mike)
Subject:      '83 Westie questions

Greetings once again. Just a couple quick questions about by '83. When I was camping on the weekend I actually got to make use of all the curtains finally, as well as the large back bug screen. However, I was left with two small rectangualr bug screens that I did not know where to attach to. There definetly wasnt anywhere that really looked like it could use them, but obviously they do go somewhere.....but where?

Also, when steering, and I make a big turn, theres kind of a metal against metal sound coming from the steering wheel. Its not a grating annoying hideous sound, but theres obviously something going on in there. Any suggestions?

Also, I called the dealer in regards to purchasing the black rubber strip that runs on the bottom of the pop top as mine is beginning to peel off and he told me that there are none around at all. Has anyone else replaced this, and if so where did you get it from and how was it to replace?

And lastly (finally eh?) I need floor mats for both the driver and passenger side but VW wants $125 for them, and they only have them in blue...which will not do (poet, but didnt know it). Have any of you wonderful people found other mats that fit properly or will I have to resort to buying some generic ones and cutting them to fit?

bacon is violent.

________ /________\ / = \ Mike Wynn (mike@arnold.ca) [ I_________ I ] Arnold Publishing and Multimedia in Edmonton I V I Alberta, Canada I (0) W (0) I =========== "Tied at the wrist, clenched at the fist, I_I I_I Negative Man, Negative Man." '83 Westfalia "The Mystery Machine"