Date:         Wed, 29 May 1996 22:04:12 -0400
From:         BusBoys@aol.com
Subject:      Re: 84 exhaust prices

I agree that stock exhaust prices are becoming ridiculous, even at our cost and very thin margin. However, VAG only offers stainless steel for the 2.1 engine replacements (and it is a poor grade of stainless IMHO). 1.9 is still being offered in regular (unleaded?), but still at a ridiculous price for the poor quality outa Denmark (not to mention the crazy Mark/Dollar Exchange Rate as well). At Bus Boys, we have recently started to offer a real sweet USA Made System for the 1.9 (83-85) that comes with a Turbo-Style Muffler (permanent tailpipe too) which has the O2 Sensor hole and is CAT compatible (or make yer own straight pipe :-) ). Price for this system is $346.50 COMPLETE (less CAT which is $174.95 extra). Header Cage System only (which ya use yer converter, muffler and tailpipe) is $199. Turbo-Style Muffler w/Tailpipe by itself is $147.50 and can be used with stock pipes & CAT. We only have the 1.9 style right now, but were workin' on having 2.1 2WD and Syncro Systems by the end of the summer at the appropriate reasonable prices. Would love to make 'em in stainless, but prices were stratospheric everywhere I checked, at least in a quality grade. I have a local customer who installed one of these on an '85 Westy - looks and sounds great and the local smog guy passed him. I think I'll put one on my '84 Westy when I get around to building another engine (spare time? - HA!).

C.A.R.B. be damned - full speed ahead :-)

V@L members get 10% off too. Jim / BusBoys@aol.com (800) 792-2697