Date:         Wed, 01 May 1996 10:34:17 -0500
From:         Nato Dean <natode19@ecity.net>
Subject:      Re: BusBoys~catalogs and more...(less?)

I sent away for a Bus Boys catalog about two years ago as well. Absolutely no response. I don't think the check was cashed however ($2 or $3 at that time). Since I didn't have a bus at the time, and just wanted the catalog for reference, I just chalked it up to being lost in the mail and went on with life. Now this week, I am looking at purchasing a restorable condition 1965 Micro Deluxe. I sent away for the catalog again last Monday. Now thanks to you list members I find that this elusive catalog is a difficult bird to capture. Can anybody explain why pi**ing off the customer even before they place an order helps business? I'll give them a few weeks to make good - if they don't - I say we gang up on them (letters, lost business, lawsuits?) I think we have some pull here, right?

Nathan 1973 Superbeetle(for sale) 1974 Karmann Ghia (36,912 original miles) 1981 Westfalia Vanagon 1992 Jetta GL (As soon as next week: 1965 Deluxe Microbus)

Lund wrote: cut.. > I send Bus Boys a letter threatening them with a postal > investigation unless I get my money back (by now I don't want their > catalog). I get a check right away sent Express Mail, with an apology and a > promise to send the catalog soon... Well, I am still waiting for that > catalog... > Bill Lund > >