Date:         Sun, 05 May 1996 19:15:19 -0400
From:         Jon Hathaway <jonr@empire.net>
Subject:      LiMBO Rites of Spring...

Those of you on the list who didn't make this.... you missed a good time... Rics' Transporter Brown Ale was kick butt!! prudently waited till I got home ( after he said not to drink it on an empty stomach)... Geez... What a kick... Very smooth Rich flavor... Great stuff Ric... many thanx... Met another member of the List whose name escapes me( most abject apology... I'm terrible with names and somewhat hard of hearing, I worked with Jet aircraft too long...)saw two list Tee-shirt, makes me wish I had ordered one now... Met Several members of LiMBO Dale, Stan, Scott, and the fella with the beautiful Maroon EV ( show co-ordinator for Ben & Jerrys this year) Beach was really nice, wife enjoyed taking our Beagle pup for a walk... Heard someone say that 35-40 Type IIs showed up over the course of the afternoon along with another 1/2 dozen or so other VWs... negotiated long and hard for the '69 Dormobile that showed up.. owner really doesn't want to sell, BUT... he has my card...and for those of you that missed it, he has a southwind gas heater mounted under the passenger side dash in a very slick looking install( stainless steel tube that the exhaust is ported thru was very very clean fabrication...) even the OEM stove under/behind front passenger seat worked... while exterior of Bus was kinda rough and interior wasn't in much better shape.. it was definitely a candidate for a complete restoration...Frame and undercarriage were Rock solid... oh well maybe someday...

Hope to see of you Stay-at-home List Folks at either Ben & Jerrys in VT on June 8&9 or Hopkinton Fairgrounds for the NHVW club show June 29th & 30th...

JonR

(still woozy from 1 bottle of Ric Superb HomeBrew!!)