Date:         Mon, 6 May 96 19:17:19 CDT
From:         Glenn Wanek <wanekga@mail.milwaukee.k12.wi.us>
Subject:      Re: C.W. McCall and minor '66 update

At 06:03 PM 5/6/96 -0500, Dyer Lytle wrote: > > >Rodney sez, > >> Anyone remember this song: >> >> "Me an' RJ an' the kids went on a campout in the Mountains, and we had >> us one-o'-them U-drive-em army jeep cars which we had rented from a > >Yep, "Black Bear Road" is on one of my favorite drivin' CDs called something >like "C.W. McCall, Greatest Hits" that I picked up about 3 years ago when I was >camped in Ouray, Colorado. (The guy who sang the songs was mayor of Ouray >for a number of years.) This contains the most recently redone versions >of some of C.W.'s most famous songs like "Wolf Creek Pass","The Silverton", >"Convoy", "Aurora Borealis", and "Columbine". Doesn't have another one of my >favorites, "Classified Ad", but I've got that on another CD. > >(you remember that one? went sumpthin like, >"I was thumbin' through the want ads in the Shelby county tribune, when >this classified advertisement caught my eye, it said 'take immediate delivery >on this '57 Chevrolet half ton pickup truck, will sell or swap for a hide-a-bed >and thirty-nine bucks, call 1-4-0 ring 2 and ask for Bob' ...... ) >

And did you know that C.W. McCall got smacked upside the head, discovered New Age Music, and went on to create Mannheim Steamroller????

>Sorry Gerry, no VW content yet. Well, here's a little. >

Sorry again, Gerry, still no VW content, but Mannheim IS in Germany, no?