Date:         Mon, 6 May 1996 21:17:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:         sallad <sallad@nando.net>
Subject:      today's adventure/what's wrong?

Today's adventure....I knew there was something wrong with my bus but chose to drive it to school this morning anyways...well just after I got off the highway, on the overpass(rock query rd) my bus stalled, after watching all my friends drive by, many who recognized me,(how many brown busses are there in that area), which not a single one stopped, I finally contacted my dad on the cellular. thank goodness i had one with me, it was my first day to carry one...anyways, my dad came and got my bus started again and I got to school and only missed part of math and all of french...then again, on my way home, i pulled off the highway, on to cary parkway, and again, my bus stalled...this time 2 police officers stopped and helped me push it into the grass, and finally after a few hours, i was able to reach my mom, and she came and helped me jump it...after going maybe 2 blocks, it stalled a third time, i was able to let it coast down into a parking lot and left it until my dad could go back and help me get it home...anyways...thats my adventure...

here's the symptoms of my bus...it keeps getting worse and worse as time goes by...as I am driving along, minding my own bussiness, it decides to sorta jerk forward, sorta like as if i were going over a bump, or doing a bad shifting job, this was originally only on flat and up hills, and only right after i shifted, but now it is doing it all the time...it is also not seeming to get enough gas, and begins to go real slow, usually around 25,(i shift to third at 20mph) i have figured out that usually it will begin working and get power again, if i shift down...the guy i usually get help with on my bus said maybe the fuel line is getting to hot, or my dad was thinking that maybe the fuel pump is going bad, either way, anyone have any ideas to as what else it oculd be, and what can i do to tell which thing it is that is causeing this?..Oh yeah, after letting my bus sit for a while, the last time it stalled, like for an hour and a half, it began again, but my dad did move the fuel line over a little bit, and it started without having to jump it. Dallas

PS..I got 3 good things out of this, I learned that AAA takes forever, in the 2 hours i sat on the side of the raod, they never showed up, even with the cops who helped me push my car, radioed them, and 2.) I got to miss french class, and 3) my bus was made famous on the local radio station, my friends said that someone called in and sid it was stalled on the side of the road, and they made fun of it, but hey, oh well...anyways, thanks for letting me waste your space and time... '71 =========== /_| |_||_|:| and a 1970 parts bus... Sallad@nando.net 0| SALLAD | NCBP90D@prodigy.com `-()----()-' "Honest, I'm not obsessed!<g>" Sallad@highway.wisenet.com ...temporarilly brown Raleigh, NC until I paint it... sky blue with clouds!