Date:         Tue, 7 May 96 09:51:55 EDT
From:         sas@xyplex.com (Scott Sminkey - Sustaining Eng Group)
Subject:      Re: Dynamic Oil Pressure System

<Grannegeer@aol.com> wrote: >My 86 Westy has an annoying glitch. The oil pressure light and buzzer come on >like clock work at 3000 rpm. I changed the sender units, both high and low, >the module on the dash and also had the oil pressure checked. If I rev. the >engine higher, the light and buzzer go out until the next time I reach the >3000 rpm mark. I searched the archives and did'nt find any solution. What do >you guy's and gal's think?

I had the same problem. It turned out to be the check ball and spring pressure relief mechanism. The check ball was getting stuck, presumably due to a weak spring and perhaps gook around the ball. The ball and spring were replaced and it works just fine now.

- Scott '91 Westfalia Camper =========== Scott Sminkey, Sustaining and Specials Eng. Whittaker Xyplex, Inc. sasminkey@eng.xyplex.com 295 Foster Street 508 952-4792 fax 508 952-4887 Littleton, Massachusetts 01460