Date:         Thu, 9 May 1996 10:27:29 -0500
From:         cmoran@cswnet.com (Colin A Moran)
Subject:      Guages

Hello everyone. The guages I installed in my Vanagon came from JC whitney. Most places I checked only had guage trios. I also ordered the adapter kit for imports. This supplies the bushings to install the NPT senders in to the meteric ports. I mounted the oil pressure sender nest to the coolent reservoir and ran a plastic tube down to the oil switch between the #2 and #4 cylinders. I used a tee to tie in the line so the switch is still functional. I used a tee to tie the temperature sensor in to the thermastat housing. The ampmeter is only partly functional. It only reads discharge. Thealtenator is tied to the starter power cable. it would be difficult to make the ampmeter work for charging.

Thank you to all who gave suggestions on wheel bearing sources. I still need to pull the bearings and get a number. I think I am going to get them from a local bearing distributor. When I get the numbers I will post them with the numbers and price of the new part.

Thanks again.

Colin A Moran

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bull sh*t.

'86 Syncro GL