Date:         Fri, 10 May 1996 10:11:30 -0500
From:         Gary Norris <rnorris@wam.umd.edu>
Subject:      Re: I Buy(ed) Syncro!!!

FoxhntrPat@aol.com wrote: > > I bought a '90 Syncro Westy last August & understand your excitement! Since > it's my only transportation plus toy, I chose not to challenge my Tugboat in > our northern VA winter, but I'm looking forward to the camp/swim/bike/boat > season!

Nice! Congragulations! I'm planning to take full advantage of my Syncro's capabilities.

> I plan to go to Manassas but don't plan to show. Tug is maroon all over, > grey curtains & in good shape. I gather you're showing- what color are > you... your van?

The van is blue, and so am I because I haven't been able to work on it all week. It's in great shape with only 63,000 miles and the thing (in reference to my Vanagon not my Thing) looks like it's never been used off-road. The body is in excellent shape for a nine year old car.

> Have you been in touch with Tom Forhan? He had a neat vw Xmas party- loves > to off-road his syncro. His email is tforhan@usa.pipeline.com just in > case you haven't.

Yes, I have. In fact Tom just set up a great new Syncro website that everyone should check out and all Syncro owners should join the Registry. I'll see you at Manassas and I'll see anyone who looks for me at Carlisle this weekend. I'll be the guy smiling in my blue-on-blue Syncro Camper GL.

********************************************************************* _________________ | | Gary Norris: (|_________________|) '86 Volvo DL |\ \ | / /| '86 Cabriolet | \ \ | / / | '73 Thing | - \___________/ - | '87 Syncro Westy | 0 | | 0 | rnorris@wam.umd.edu |___|__|_____|__|___| "Never put off until tomorrow, what |__| |__| you can get someone else to do."