Date:         Sat, 11 May 96 12:38 EDT
From:         raulb@iglou.com (Raul Barreras)
Subject:      Re: Barndoors in Dumb Blondes and Hokey VW's

---snip--- >Of course he left off my name, since I refuse to kick >down the cash to join ghoSTO. He also left off altogether another '54 >standard (which live a few blocks from me) that I'm sure he knows about. >One of our lurking listmembers is outed in this issue also, although its >purported to be a '55, its actually about 1000 numbers earlier than my '54, >making it the oldest barndoor in Sacramento.

I noticed that and wondered why everyone else's name appeared in the article and not yours. I thought about it a little bit (about 3 seconds) and came up with five possible reasons:

1. the reporter is not 2. some of his information comes from word of mouth (which is confirmed by himself later in the article) 3. doesn't like certain people 4. has no Internet access thus no access to the vanagon@lenti list 5. doesn't know the name Thom Fitzpatrick (???) or can't spell it

I'll tell you something, when I publish my magazine, "Cold VW's" (due to my lack of experience with VW's which were parked most of the time and made them cold) I'll mention your name in my "No Transported" column (to mention restorations since they don't mostly run due to being fixed up) :-)

So, is my Vanagon Westfalia a transporter or not? Is it hot because it runs? Why would I want to join an organization which is in California when I live in the mid-East USA? For parts? What parts? There's no reason to answere these questions since they are intended to be a joke! :-0

About the vanagon@lenti listees:

1. always giving either knowledge, time, money or all of the previous 2. unselfish 3. caring 4. honest 5. humorous (have to be) 6. never flame anyone (he, he)

Now I'll go and get in my bomb shelter and wear my radiation/fire proof suit! ;-)

=================================================== Raul Wilma (1982 Westfalia) Larsen (1956 Microbus)

"I take credit for nothing and disclaim everything" ===================================================