Date:         Wed, 1 May 1996 14:42:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:         "Tobin T. Copley" <tobin@vcn.bc.ca>
Subject:      Re: BusBoys~catalogs and more...(less?)

On Wed, 1 May 1996, Raul Barreras wrote:

> ---snip--- > >I UPSed the old cores to Busboys > >and never recieved my $100 core deposit back. I wrote and called busboys > >and was basically blown off. UPS claims to have delivered the core. > ---snip--- > >the service sucked, not to mention the fact that they still owe me $100. > > Isn't this mail fraud? Communication with the U.S. Post Office should help!

Y'know, I've been sitting this one out, but after seeing what appears to be a fairly widespread and consistent experience, I thought I'd throw my story into the ring.

Remember those "Difficult Conditions" manuals I copied for about a grillion folks on the list? I did it for my cost, when I had no job and less money, and a little time to kill. And I did the whole thing on the honour system--folks told me they wanted a copy and where to send it to them, and I mailed it. And because VW bus folks are almost universally good karma people, the cheques arrived over the following weeks and I broke more or less even.

Except for one request for 2 copies of the manual. I think you can guess who requested it...

Oh, well. It's their karma, right?

Tobin (Who can afford to eat now that he has a paying job)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Tobin T. Copley VW Busses to Inuvik! ============= (604) 689-2660 www.chaco.com/~coyote/trek /_| |__||__| :| putta tobin@vcn.bc.ca July 22-Aug 14 96 O| Insured! | putta JOIN US! '-()-------()-' Circum-continental USA, Mexico, Canada 15,000 miles '76 VW Camper! (Mango)