Date:         Sun, 12 May 1996 14:30:42 -0400
From:         Ryan75@aol.com
Subject:      Re: Do You Love Your Bus? (VL, very soppy, paean of praise to my dead bus)

Do I love my Bus? Kinda tough right now, as I'm just a wannabus, but when I had one I did. And I don't understand why. Perhaps someone can explain it. And it seems to be genetic as well. My mother is almost as crazy about Vanagons as I am (although she doesn't have the pins, the custom airbrushed T-shirt, the sales brochures for every model year, etc.). Ever since I saw my first Vanagon back in '79 I've been infatuated. Our first one (an '80) became part of the household in '81, and I must admit that I did shed a tear when we had to sell it (major engine trouble). The second in the house was my first, an '83 1/2 that served me well until one Gia Hu Tong decided to make a very illegal left turn. Almost simultaneously my mother and I each got our second Vanagons, both '90s. I've mentioned the plight of mine in past postings, and my mother still has hers. I just don't understand it. My girlfriend has to wonder about me, as I do have a bit of a wandering eye; not for other girls, but for any Vanagon that may pass us by. And I'd drop my current car in a heartbeat for the chance at owning another Vanagon...

Ryan