Date:         Wed, 01 May 96 19:31:59 CDT
From:         Joel Walker <JWALKER@ua1vm.ua.edu>
Subject:      70's camper tent FS ... SF area

i think this is the same guy that posted about a tent before ...

Article: rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled.9498 From: lucasd@hpcc01.corp.hp.com (Richard C Lucas) Subject: FS: Westfalia Tent

Well, after listening to the collective wisdom of the net, and having been deluged with email, I have decided to sell my Westfalia tent for $150. I set it up last night to make sure that all parts were there and it was in good shape. The tent has seen very little use. This tent was purchased new, by me, in 1970, with a Westfalia Camper. It is complete with all poles, tent pegs, guy ropes, etc. It is in excellent condition, still clean and no damage. To be perfectly honest, there is a minor (1/4 inch) tear in the apron where the tent connects to the camper. It got caught in the latch. All screens are undamaged, all zippers work. It could pass for new. The pole bag has a couple of tears from the poles, but is completely serviceable. It is cloth with vinyl reinforcement at the bottom. The tent bag is in good shape. For those of you who are not familiar with this type of tent, it has an external frame and sets up along side the camper. The back of the tent has a roof flap which snaps over the rain gutter, and side flaps which attach to the bottom of the body work and make a weather tight seal to the body. The tent allows the sliding door to operate. The back of the tent has a roll up section which zippers to close the tent when the camper is away. The tent is hung from the frame with vinyl cords and plastic hooks. The floor is some sort of coated waterproof material. The tent is gold colored (same as the pop-up tenting material in the camper) the roof is blue, and there is a striped awning which zippers closed over the entry. I don't have the set-up instructions, but will cobble up some if needed, or can consult if there is a problem. Be warned, however, that the whole thing weighs 58 lbs. The tent weighs 26 and the poles and pegs weigh 32. Shipping might run into a few bucks! If you are interested, you can email me at dlucas@cdc.hp.com or call me at 415 854-4094 if you are within driving distance of Palo Alto.