Date:         Tue, 28 May 1996 17:47:01 -0500
From:         jgladu@bcm.tmc.edu
Subject:      VWs on the WWWeb

This left my jaw hanging. A friend forwarded the URL to several of us...

WARNING: not for the squeamish.

The URL takes you to a report copied from:

> JOURNAL OF FORENSIC SCIENCES > JULY 1973 > > THE LOVE BUG > > J. C. Rupp, M. D., Ph. D. > > A recently published book entitled Is Your Volkswagen A Sex >Symbol? > by Jean Rosenbaum recalled this case to mind and provided the > impetus needed to sit down and write it up for publication. > > In a majority of cases handled by the Medical Examiner's Office, > the SCENE is the most important aspect of a death investigation. In > this particular case, the scene is everything; and once again, we > have graphically illustrated the fact that we know very little > about some aspects of human behavior.

Yes, there is nudity. There are police pictures of (the back of) a nude, dead, 40 year old man who was asphyxiated (indirectly, directly?) by his '68 Autostick Beetle. There is also the full text of the Medical Examiner's Office report. It could quite easily be termed "sick".

As a matter of fact, I'm questioning whether I should even forward the URL to this group. Oh well, I've gone this far. If you're morbidly curious, you can request the URL from me and I'll mail it to you privately.

The rest of you just forget about it, and I apologize for wasting your time and mailspool.

[A measure of Grungy's "taste": the movie "The Loved One" is one of my favorites.]

bcnu - Grungy Houston, TX jgladu@bcm.tmc.edu '60 dddPanel Walkthru (The BozoBus) '68 & '69 Bugs (Frunobulax & Bertha) '89 Vanagon GL '90 Vanagon GL