Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 20 Jun 1996 02:26:26 -0400 (EDT)
From:         "Jonathan 'Snuggles' Edwards" <snuggles@nando.net>
Subject:      Was Re: Open letter to.. now, why i drive a vw

hey now,

well...i find this kinda attitude at the local VW parts place..T-Hoff...kinda....yeah, i know what ya need, ya ain't gonna get it no where else, i think you are an idiot i'll charge ya out the ying yang you vw driving fool attitude...

i experienced this when i went to take back a cv joint i'd bought from them. sure, i didn't know alot about cv joints then (i'd tackle mine again no problem this time) but i KNOW the joint is supposed to move all around and not be RUSTED together. they told me all i had to do was grease them...duh. they were RUSTED. they shrugged and gave me my money back. but gave me the above fore mentioned attitude.

BUT you also have to remember the really kind people. kind of a brethen or an extended family that comes with having a vw van. people who help you when you are brokedown...who you help when they breakdown. the ones you share...hey i just did this to the van...the ones you relate your vw horror storries and your dream trips to. Like Sean the guy whose helping me with my vw...he's a mechanic who is honest..not one who'll rip ya off. cuz VW's to him is a passion and not just a living. the type who's shop is a mess but you feel like sitting down on a stool, kicking your feet up and shooting the breeze with your engine on blocks at your feet.

oh well, driving down the highway with the wind blowing in my hair, my fiancee amanda beside of me, neil young cranked, and knowing it's my van, it's the best investement i've ever made...that it's a part of me...the van. rumba. my kitchen, my bedroom....THAT is what makes up for the shit we put up with....

jonathan