Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 23 Jun 1996 22:09:39 -0400
From:         Ken and Charlotte Miller <104303.704@compuserve.com>
Subject:      RE:Eurovans to buy or not to buy

The Eurovan weekender pkg is not the same as a full Westphalia. You get the pop top, table, bed, and a little icebox under the seat. My take on why VW only imported 93's is twofold. 1. Cost-24K list for a new one was pretty steep for what you got. 2. VWoA was behind in their marketing and got their butt kicked by the Us minivans. In 95 VW imported Winnebago full campers which looked good but were 32K MSRP. We can only hope that VWoA gets their act together and gets us what is available in the rest of the world. I'm not holding my breath but can only hope. I have a 93MV (Bed and table) and love it. Wish I had the $ for a camper now. The Eurovan is rather gutless but what VW van isn't. The great thing is that there is really space on the inside. I have yet to see real space in a US minivan. Before I forget I'm a new member and dig the list. Currently have the EV, 90 Fox wagon, and 74 Superbeetle. In my past lives I've had a 71 bus and 82 Vanagon.