Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 16 Jun 1996 00:15:17 -0700
From:         mbates@s3.sonnet.com (Marlin Bates, IV)
Subject:      Questions....('69 Westy - Lazarus)

All righty, I got everything hooked up and we took it for a spin.

Here are my questions:

1. I seem to have a minor (very minor ) oil leak but I can not see to find the source. How concerned should I be. NOTE this is a brand new rebuilt GEX engine

2. I have the Dwell set EXACTLY at 50 deg (i.e. points at .016") and the engine at what seems to be o drg TDC. This is an "F" number engine but it does seem to have dual pressure relief andis a single port. Am I setting this right?

3. Even thoiugh all of this has been set it seem to be running AWFULLY hot. Anything I could be doing wrong? I do not want to have to replace this engine anytime soon.

It runs fine after it warms up but it does dies quite a bit when it is warming up if I do not give it gas.

BTW, the RPMs are between 800 and 900 at idle.

Thanks

-Marlin

---*** Volkswagen & Atari - It is my life. ---*** Marlin Bates 1968 VW Bus & 1969 VW Westfalia Bus ---*** 2600: 425 / 7800: 56 / XL/XE: 183 / Lynx: 74 / Jaguar: 31 --*-*-* Please check out my web page: -*--*--* http://www.stocko.sonnet.com/Fujidom/