Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 17 Jun 1996 14:43:55 -0400
From:         "David Easterwood" <deasterw@st6000.sct.edu>
Subject:      Thanks (Ga Vintage VW show)

I want to thank everyone who came out to this years Ga Vintage VW Show. I met about 4 listmembers there, & if others of you were there & I missed you, I apologize. It was a very busy day for me.

I ended up only bringing 3 vehicles, my 59 single cab, 64 T34 Karmann Ghia, and 65 Sundial camper w/ roofrack.

There were many great deals in the swap area. A mint condition late model bus tent went fast at $200. I picked up a NOS high hinge early panel van cargo door for $15!!! I also got a complete set of 4 OEM late 55-63 front wheel cylinders for $30. There was a good selection of Official VW Sevice Manuals and Parts Lists. I didn't buy much because I was broke, but when I got home my state income tax refund was in the mailbox (only a month late).

The show was about half the size of last years with about 40+ buses, 10 Karmann Ghias, 15-20 Beetles, a couple of Things, and a few Type III's. The area we were allowed to use was completely full between 11am-1:30pm though. We chose not to advertise in Hot VW's & VW Trends this year due to the small venue we were using. Next year we won't be constrained by Olympics construction, etc., and will be able to use a larger venue again.

Thanks again for coming out!

Dave