Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 1996)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 17 Jun 1996 18:44:58
From:         EXPRES@gnn.com (RON SALMON)
Subject:      Re: GrassRoots Festival Info

>hey now, > >many of you have written me wanting info on the Grassroots >Festival in Ithaca, Ny...well, actually Trumansburg, NY. I'll be >cruising up there from Raleigh NC july 16 and returning july 23. >the festival itself is from july 18-22...it's a GREAT time, GREAT >bands, KIND people, relaxed atmosphere. > >jonathan

Just want to add my two cents. My wife and I have been going to this festival every year since the second one. Recommend it VERY highly. Very friendly scene (also family/kid friendly), some really great music (exceptionally wide variety of styles). Highlights for us have been the Horseflies (always one of the most popular bands at the festival), Hypnotic Clambake (closest description of these guys I can come up with is "cajun klezmer music", or a Bar Mitzvah band gone bezerk), and the Second Hand Dance Troup, 3 incredibly talented and original acrobats/dancers whom you have to see to believe. Also, the Finger Lakes region is absolutely beautiful! Worth the trip in itself!

Also, there is a very similar festival in Jamestown, NY (near Erie, Pa.), over the July 4 weekend. Most of the same bands, put on by some of the same people. My wife and I will be going to both festivals, in our brown '85 Westy. (We also have an extra pair of tickets for the Jamestown festival, if anyone is thinking of going.)

It would be great if there was a Vanagon@Lenti contingent at these festivals!

-Ron Salmon